NUD Landmarks and Breakthroughs
- Development of commonly consumed Standardized dishes in Nigeria and the analysis of the dishes in order to increase eaters’ knowledge of the nutrient composition of the food consumed, hence reducing prevalence of acute and chronic diseases.
- Provision of baseline data for food composition table, an essential tool for assessing nutritional status of the people through research work
- Development of healthy snacks to improve the nutritional status of individuals and the community at large.
- Improvement of nutritional status of vulnerable groups : children, adolescents, pregnant women, lactating mothers, elderly and orphans through research work
- Development of healthy and affordable complementary foods for infants and under-five children, a tool for alleviating malnutrition and reduction of infant and child morbidity and mortality.
- Improving the nutritional knowledge, attitude and behavior of individuals and community members through nutrition education
- Proximate, minerals and cholesterol analysis of commonly consumed fast foods in the community, an intervention to reduce acute and chronic diseases in the society.
- Solving nutritional problems within the community through practical approach.