Professor Oyewole is a Professor of Food Science and Technology of the University’s College of Food Science and Human Ecology (COLFHEC), he is the Vice-Chancellor and also the Project Officer, Research and Programmes, Association of African Universities (AAU). Professor Oyewole, began his academic journey at Odo-Otin Grammar School, Okuku via Osogbo and later proceeded to the prestigious University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife where he bagged Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Degree in Microbiology in June 1981.
He had his Master of Science (M.Sc), Microbiology Degree, with specialization in Food Microbiology at the University of Ibadan (U.I) in November, 1984 and his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D), Microbiology and Bio-Technology in August, 1990.
As astute scholar and administrator, Professor Oyewole has over 70 publications in local and international journals to his credit.Professor Oyewole is married with children.
Awards and Prizes won:
- Research Grantee, International Foundation for Science [1986 to 1998]
- Award - for report of research of exceptional merit among IFS funded researches [December, 1992]
- Awarded The IFS / DANIDA AWARD in 1999 to honour researchers from Sub-Saharan Africa who have made noteworthy achievements clearly associated with research work supported fully or in part by the International Foundation for Science
- Awarded the Federal Government of Nigeria postgraduate scholarship for a Master of Science course in microbiology. 1983.
- Awarded a research fellowship by the German Academic Exchange service [Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst] Federal Republic of Germany. August to November, 1989.
- Professional Member, Institute of Food Technologists [IFT], USA. June, 1987
- Member, Society for Applied Bacteriology, Britain. January, 1987.
- Member, Nigerian Society for Microbiology. September, 1980.
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology. May, 1990
- Member, International Society for Tropical Root Crops. October, 1991.