Soil Science and Land Management Publication Abstracts
- Senjobi, B. A., Akinsete, S. J., Ande, O. T., Ademoye, O. A. (2013). Sandy Soil Improvement Using Organic Materials and Mineral Fertilizer on the Yield and Quality of Jute Plant (Corchorus Olitorius). http://dx.doi.org/10.52/jbls.v4il.3224
- Senjobi, B. A., Ande, O. T., Senjobi, C. T., Adepifi, A. O., and Adigun, M. O. (2013). Performance of Abelmosebus escuionbus (1) Moench (OKRA) under various Applications Pesticides and Fertilizers in an Oxic Paicustall.
- Senjobi, B. A., Ande, O. T., and Ogunkunle, A. O. (2013). Land Degradation Assessment under different uses: implications on soil productivity and food security.
- Senjobi, B. A., Ande, O. T., and Ogunkunle, A. O. (2013). Characterization and Fertility Capability Status of Alfisols under different land uses in Ogun State, South Western Nigeria.
- Oyekanmi, A. A., Bakare, O. O., Okeleye, K. A., Adejuyigbe, C. O., Shittu, T. A., Sakariyawo, O. S., Aderibigbe, S. G., Okonji, C. J., Akintobi, D. A. C. (2013): Vegetative and Reproductive Growth of Upland Nerica Rice (Oryza Sativa) varieties as Affected by types and rates of Application of Organic Manure. Journal of Applied Agricultural Research 5(2). (Accepted). Published by Agricultural research Council of Nigeria.
- Bemgba Anjembe, M.T. Adetunji and C.O. Adejuyigbe (2013): Solution phosphate concentration as a means of estimating the fertilizer phosphate requirement of soybean (glycine max (1) merr.) in some aifisols in Benue State, Nigeria. International Research Journal of Agricultural Science and Soil Science. Volume 3(12): 402-407. Published by International Research Journals.
- Adigbo, S.O., Iyasere, E, Fabunmi, T.O., Olowe, V.I.O. and Adejuyigbe, C.O. (2013): Effect of Spatial Arrangement on the Performance of Cowpea/Maize Intercrop in Derived Savannah of Nigeria. American Journal of Experimental Agriculutre, Volume 3(4): 959-970. Published by Science Domain international, USA.
- Senjobi, B.A., Adejuyigbe, C.O., Ando, O.T., Oyegoke, C.O. and Ogunkunle, A.O. (2013): Soil Colour as a Pedo-Transfer Function of Soil Organic Carbon and Fertility in a Typic Plainthaqualf. Global Journal of Science Frontier Research. Volume 13(1): 31-40. Published by Global Journals Inc.
- Olowokere, F.A., Adesodun, J.K., Adejuyigbe, C.O., Soretire, A.A., Akintokun, P.O., Akinyele, S.A., Adeyemo, T.O. and Adeyemo, O.A. (2013): Soil Chemical Properties yield and Nutrient Uptake of Maize as influenced by Plant and Animal based Organic Amendments. Nigeria Journal of Soil Science. Volume 23(1): 197-206. Published by the Soil Science Society of Nigeria.
- Olla, N.O., Adejuyigbe, C.O. and Bello, W.B. (2013): Ameliorative Effects of Organic Manures on Soil pH, Organic Carbon and Microarthropod Population. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences Published by IDOSI (Accepted on October 9, 2013).
- Senjobi, B. A. Ande A. O. and O. S. Omoniyi Effect of Different Land Uses on Soil Characteristics and Production in Aiyetoro Enclave of Ogun State. Environtropica, July 2012 Vol 8,41-58
- Ajiboye' G. A. Olaniyan', J. O. and Bakare, M. O. Characteristics Classification and Management of soils of Kampe-Omi River Basin Kogi-State. NJSS 22(1) 2012
- Anjorin Godwin Ajiboyea* & Morolake Omolola Aduloju Properties and available micronutrient status of some soils derived from Abeokuta formation in Nigeria. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science 2012, 1-6
- Anjorin Godwin Ajiboyea* & Adeleke Joseph Ogunwale Forms and distribution of potassium in particle size fractions on talc overburden soils in Nigeria. Agronomy and Soil Science 2012, 1-12 first article
- Ikem A, Adisa S. Runoff effect on eutrophic lake water quality and heavy metal distribution in recent littoral sediment. 2011 Jan;82(2):259-67. Epub 2010 Oct 12.
- Michael Olajire Darea, Robert Abaidoob, Olajire Fagbolac* & Robert Asiedud Diversity of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi in soils of yam (Dioscorea spp.) cropping systems in four agroecologies of Nigeria. Version of record first published: 16 Mar 2012
- O.A. Babalola, J.E. Adesodun. F.O. Olasantan and A.F. Adekunle Responses of Some Soil Biological Chemical and Physical Properties to Shorter-term Compost Amendment. International al Journal of Soil Science 7 (1): 28-38, 2012 © 2012 Academic Journals Inc.
- J. O. Azeez & W. Van Averbeke Dynamics of Soil pH and Electrical Conductivity with the Application of Three Animal Manures. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis Version of record first published: Volume 43, Issue 6, 2012 27 Mar 2012
- Jonathan Atungwu, Olajire Lawal, Steve Afolami & Christopher Adejuyigbe: Appraisal of composts for suppression of Meloidogyne species and enrichment of micro-arthropods in soybean fields. Biological Agriculture & Horticulture: An International Journal for Sustainable Production Systems Volume 28, Issue 2, 2012, pages 101-110.
- Orisajo S.B., Afolami S.O., Fademi O.A., Okelana M.A.O.; Atungwu J.J.: Effects of Poultry Litter on Establishment of Cocoa Seedlings and Plaintain Infected with Parasitic Nematodes. International Journal of Research in Chemistry and Environment Vol. 2 Issue 4 Oct. 2012(278-289).
- M. A. Busari; J. O. Azeez; O. O. Orelaja: Impact of Long Term (9 years) Deposition of Animal Wastes on soil Physical Properties in Abeokuta, South-Western Nigeria-Implications for Soil Management. Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management Vol. 38, No.4, Nov. 2012
- B. A. Senjobi and A. O. Ogunkunle Effect of different land use types and their implications on land degradation and productivity in Ogun State, Nigeria. Journal of Agricultural Biotechnology and Sustainable Development Vol. 3(1), pp. 7–18, January 2011
- Ajiboye G. A. Alabi K. O. Aiboni, V. U. Okeleye, K. A. and Adesodun, J. K. Classification and Suitability Evaluation of the Soils of a Toposequence at Odeda, Ogun State for the Production of Rice (oryza sativa). NJSS/21(2)/2011
- Ajiboye, G. A. Ogunwale, J. A. and Aduloju, M. O. Potassium distribution in the sand, silt and clay fraction of soils developed over talc in odo-ogbe, kogi state, Nigeria. NJSS/21(2)/2011
- Shade John Adisa and Stephen Nortcliff Carbon Fractions Associated with Silt-Size Particles in Surface and Subsurface Soil Horizons. SSSAJ: Volume 75: Number 1 January-February 2011
- J. K. Adesodun', O. S. Adekonojo Microaggregate Stability and Organic Carbon Fractions of Tropical Loamy Sand Amended With Pig-Composted Manure. Published by the Soil Science Society of Nigeria, ISSN – 1597 – 4488 vol.21(2)2011
- Soretire, A.A., Adesodun, J.K. and Oludemi, B.M. Effect of Heavy Metal Contamination on Microbial Population, Organic Carbon and Nitrogen Mineralization in Soil Planted to Legumes. Published by the Soil Science Society of Nigeria Vol.21(2) 2011
- Ajiboye' G. A., Alabi K. O. Aiboni, V.U., Okeleye, K. A and Adesodun, J. K. Classification and Suitability Evaluation of the Soils of a Toposequence at Odeda, Ogun State for the Production of Rice (Oryza Sativa). Published by the Soil Science Society of Nigeria Vol.21(2) 2011
- Amusan, O. A., Adetunji, M. T. and Azeeez J. O. Nitrogen and Phosphorus Dynamics in a Legume Based Integrate Nutrient Management System. Amusan, Adetunki and Azeez NJSS/21 (2) 2011
- Shokalu A. O. Shokalu O., Aderunji M, T.' and Azeez J. 0. Nutrient availability to soybean (Glycine Max (L) Merr.) from Ogun Phosphate Rock and Zinc application in some South-Western Nigerian alfisols. NJSS/21 (2) 2011
- Jamiu Oladipupo Azeez & Wim Van Averbekea Effect of Manure Types and Period of Incubation on Phosphorus-Sorption Indices of a Weathered Tropical Soil. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis Volume 42, Issue 18, 2011
- A. O. Amusan, M. T. Adetunji, J. O. Azeez Effect of the integrated use of legume residue, poultry manure and inorganic fertilizers on maize yield, nutrient uptake and soil properties. Nutr Cyel Agroecosyst (2011) 90:321-330
- J. O. Azeeza, O. A. Hassana & P. O. Egunjobia Soil Contamination at Dumpsites: Implication of Soil Heavy Metals Distribution in Municipal Solid Waste Disposal System: A Case Study of Abeokuta, Southwestern Nigeria. Soil and Sediment Contamination: An International Journal Volume 20, Issue 4, 2011 Version of record first published: 24 May 2011
- J. O. Azeeza, O. A. Hassana & P. O. Egunjobia Evaluation of ground eggshell as a liming material y in a tropical alf1sol in southwestern Nigeria. Soil and Sediment Contamination: An International Journal Volume 20, Issue 4, 2011 Version of record first published: 24 May 2011
- F. Oluwafemi and I. Nnanna Ibeh: Microbial contamination of Seven Major Weaning Foods in Nigeria. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition; 2011 August; 29(4): 415-419
- Oluwafemi F.; Adetunji A. F: Antimicrobial Activities of Lactic Acid Bacterial Isolated from Traditionally-Fermented Maize (Ogi) Against Candida albicans. Journal of Applied Biosciences 41: 2820 - 2835
- Bolarinwa Ayoola Senjobi Effect of Land Use on Soil Degradation and Soil Productivity Decline on Alfisols and Ultisols in Ogun State in South Western, Nigeria. Agriculturae Conspectus Scientificus | Vol. 75 (2010) No. 1 (9-19)
- T. Ande and B. Senjobi Lithologic discontinuity and pedogenetic characterization on an aberrant toposequence associated with a rock hill in South Western Nigeria. International Journal of Physical Sciences Vol. 5(5), pp. 596–604, May 2010 ISSN 1992-1950
- J. K. Adesodun, Soretire A. A. AND Oyegoke C. O. Evaluation of some Organic Amendments for Bioremediatlon of spent oil-Contaminated soil using soybean (glycine max l) as a test crop. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science vol.20 (1) 2010 ISSN – 1597 - 4488
- Ajiboye, G. A. and Ogunwale, J. A. Characteristics and Classification of Soils Developed over Talc at Ejiba, Kogi State, Nigeria. Nigeria Journal of Soil Science 20(1) 2010
- M. O. Dareab, R. C. Abaidooa, O. Fagbolab & R. Asiedua Effects of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Inoculation and Phosphorus Application on Yield and Nutrient Uptake of Yam. Version of record first published: 25 Nov 2010
- Adesodun J. K. ; Odejimi O. E. Carbon-nitrogen sequestration potentials and structural stability of a tropical Alfisol as influenced by pig-composted manure. Polish Academy of Sciences, 2010, vol. 24, no4, pp. 333-338 6 page(s) (article)
- Johnson Kayode Adesodun, Mutiau O. Atayese, T. A. Agbaje, Bose A. Osadiaye, O. F. Mafe, Adeniyi Soretire Phytoremediation Potentials of Sunflowers (Tithonia diversifolia and Helianthus annuus) for Metals in Soils Contaminated with Zinc and Lead Nitrates. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution March 2010, Volume 207, Issue 1-4, pp 195-201
- .J. K. Adesodun , A. A. Soretire and C. O. Oyegoke Evaluation of some Organic Amendments for Bioremediation of Spent oil-contaminated soil using soybean (glycine ax. L) as a test Crop. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science 20 (1) 2010
- J.O. AZEEZ Dynamics of Carbon, Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium under different Tithonia Diversi-Folia management systems in a tropical al-fisol: a greenhouse bioassay. ISSN 1595-9694 © U AAB 2010 Journal of Agricultural Science and Environment
- Shokalu, Adekemi Olubukola, Ojo, Aderemi O. Ezekiel-Adewoyin, Dorcas Tinuke, Akintoye Henry Akinwunmi and Azeez, Jamiu Oladipupo Comparing the use of Tithonia diversifolia and Compost as soil amendments for growth and yield of Celosia argentea. New York Science Journal 2010; 3(6)
- J.O. Azeez, W. Van Averbeke Fate of manure phosphorus in a weathered sandy clay loam soil amended with. Journal homepage: www.elsevier.com/locate/biortech Aug 2010, Pages 6584–6588
- J.O. Azeez, W. Van Averbeke Nitrogen mineralization potential of three animal manures applied on asandy clay loam soil. Journal homepage: www.elsevier.com/locate/biortech July 2010, Pages 5645–5651
- J.O. Azeez, W. Van Averbeke, A.O.M. Okorogbona Differential responses in yield of pumpkin (Cucurbita maxima L.) and nightshade (Solanum retroflexum Dun.) to the application of three animal manures. Journal homepage: www.elseviser.com/locate/biortech April 2010, Pages 2499–2505
- J. O. Azeez, S. O. Obanla, A. O. Ojo & A. O. Shokalu Cadmium Sorption and Desorption Characteristics of Tropical Alfisols from Different Land Uses. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis Volume 41, Issue 1, 2010
- Shokalu, A. O.; Ojo, A. O.; E-Adewoyin, D. T.; Azeez, J. A. Evaluation of Tithonia diversifolia for soil improvement in celosia (Celosia argentea) production. Electronic Journal of Environmental, Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2010 Vol. 9 No. 5 pp. 951-957
- A. A. Fajinmi and O. B. Fajinmi Incidence of okra mosaic virus at different growth stages of okra plants ([Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench) under tropical condition. Journal of General and Molecular Virology Vol.2 (1), pp. 028-031, February, 2010
- Flora Oluwafemi, Manjula Kumar, Ranajit Bandyopadhyay, Tope Ogunbanwo, Kayode B. Ayanwande: Bio-Detoxification of Aflatoxin B1 in Artificially Contaminated Maize Grains Using Lactic Acid Bacteria. Informa Healthcare: Toxin Reviews, August-November 2010, Vol. 29, No. 3-4 , Pages 115-122
- Olajire, D. M.; Oluyemisi, B. F. In vitro effects of some pesticides on pathogenic fungi associated with legumes. Australian Journal of Crop Science 2009 Vol. 3 No. 3 pp. 173-177 ISSN 1835-2693
- Michael Olajire Dare, Olajire Fagbola Robert Abaidoo, Robert Asiedu Tuber Yield, Leaf Nutrient Concentrations and Arbuscular Mycorriiizal Colonization Of Water Yam (Dioscorea Alata) In Response to NPK Fertilizer Application. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science 22:18-29 (2009)
- A. A. Taiwo M. T. Adetunji J. O. Azeez. T. Bamgbose Potassium supplying capacity of some tropical alfisols in southwest Nigeria as measured by intensity, quantity and capacity factors. June 2009 © Springer Science--Business Media 8.V. 2009
- J. O. AZEEZ Effects of Nitrogen Application and Weed Interference on Performance of Some Tropical Maize Genotypes in Nigeria. ISSN Soil Science Society of China 2009
- J.O. Azeez, I.O. Adekunle, O.O. Atiku, K.B. Akande and S.O. Jamiu-Azeez Effect of nine years of animal waste deposition on profile distribution of heavy metals in Abeokuta, south-western Nigeria and its implication for environmental quality. Waste Management Volume 29, Issue 9, September 2009, Pages 2582–2586.
- Adekunle, I. O.; Busari, M. A.; Sorinola, A. O.: Effect of Animal Manures on Macro and Micro Nutrient Contents of Lubricating Oil Contaminated Soil. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science 2009 Vol. 19 No. 1 pp. 137-142
- Busari, M. A.; Salako, F. K.; Adetunji, M. T.; Bello, N. J.: Effect of Selected Oil Amendments on Physical Properties of an Alsofisol in Abeokuta Southwestern Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science 2009 Vol. 19 No. 1 pp. 93-99